Thursday, January 12, 2012

Should I get my daughter a Lexus IS C or an Infiniti G37?

My daughter is about to turn 16 and she has really expressed her love and want of a convertible. My wife and I picked these two out and she likes the Infiniti, but I like the Lexus. Which would you get your daughter?



http://www.infinitiusa.com/g_convertible鈥?/a>



http://www.lexus.com/models/ISC/Should I get my daughter a Lexus IS C or an Infiniti G37?
Both are horrible choices for a new driver unless you don't care about nice cars getting wrecked, insurance costs and setting the stage for your kids to live at home until they are 30.



Why get a job and go live on my own when mom and dad will buy me a $40K car when I'm 16?
Neither.



Buying a car for your child is counterproductive to their growth and development. Buying a "family" car and letting her "borrow" it is better. Cheaper cars are the way to go, because it's entirely guaranteed that the expensive Lexus or Infiniti will be damaged in some way, shape, or form.



Check into a Hyundai Elantra, Ford Focus, VW Jetta/Golf, or something along those lines. Better fuel economy, cheaper to insure, extremely safe and solid, and 1/3 the price.Should I get my daughter a Lexus IS C or an Infiniti G37?
I'm not going to tell you how to parent but no 16 year old kid needs to be rewarded with a $42,000 Lexus. The Infiniti is over $45K.



That's obscene. I don't care how much money you earn, no child needs a $42,000 car to drive to the High School parking lot. It's one thing to reward her it's a completely different thing to over indulge her.



I'm not saying she doesn't deserve a reward, all good kids need to be rewarded for maintaining good grades and staying out of trouble but where do you go from here? The smart thing to do is give her a nice car but there are so many really nice cars that don't cost a year's salary for the average adult.



A nice $23,000 Mazda Miata or VW Beetle would be more age appropriate and much less extravagant.
My daughter would probably prefer the Infiniti, but then she's 32 and is a known leadfoot. :)



This is pretty close, really. The Infiniti is a smidgen sportier, but its trunk space with the top down borders on nonexistent.



Were I playing Doting Dad, I think I'd opt for the Lexus with the smaller engine (the 2.5). It's about four grand cheaper and a bit less likely to run away with her.Should I get my daughter a Lexus IS C or an Infiniti G37?
Are you out of your mind? 16 year olds kill themselves driving convertibles every day . Tell the spoilt little princess to walk and work off some the surplus lard on her big fat U.S. aas. Get her to do something truly worthwhile with her pampered, prettified life instead of battening on her besotted parents. American Dream? You've got to be kidding . This is the American Nightmare. Wake up and smell the coffee. When are American citizens going to realise that the world economy can no longer tolerate such over consumption of our planets resources.Buy yourself a bicycle and stop polluting your beautiful country.



" If she were my daughter I'd...

What would you do Daddy?

If she were my daughter I'd...

What would you do Daddy?

If she were my daughter I'd

Cover that girl in chocolate syrup and wait until the cows come home"

[Frank Zappa]
How about you get her a good, reliable Chevy or Ford to get to and from a job that will teach her responsiblity and saving money. She needs lessons on how to save for the things she really wants and not rely on Mumsy and Daddy to pave the way for her.
id get both and also but her a house so she can really be extra spoiled
that way she can get used to having things handed to her faster
I prefer the lexus.

No comments:

Post a Comment